Who is really surprised that an egg recipe is up on the blog? I’m shocked it wasn’t the first recipe up actually haha. If anyone knows me or follows me on instagram you know my undying love for eggs. My number one fear is to one day find out im intolerant to eggs! GASP! God please have mercy on me.
If there is any type of food that has helped me in my healthy journey I would have to say hands down it would be eggs. It’s the perfect source of protein, its super filling and its the healthiest kind of breakfast to have not to mention easy to make if you didn’t have time to cook. Eggs are amazing because you can have them in many many different forms, whether its boiled, poached, sunny side or omelet. This post recipe is actually a sneaky one because I slipped in another popular favorite;the avocado. Yep, find yourself the perfect avocado ( I dare you) and mix it up with eggs to get some magic. And my favorite kind of eggs to go with avocado is either boiled or poaches, just an explosive combo.
Honestly I make my eggs according to what I have at home to compliment it and in this recpe if added some pomegranate which add the most amazing sweetness to everything. I love pomegranate in salads too and it might sound weird if yove never tried it but it. Is. Just. Life.
So for this recipe all youll need is:
- 2 eggs
- ½ an avocado
- ¼ of a pomegranate
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Whole grain bread or Ezekiel bread
- black pepper
- chili powder
- Dill/ coriander (optional)
- Boil the eggs for 3 – 5 minutes
- Mash up the avocado and mix in the lemon, salt, pepper, cumin, paprika and cili
- Spread the avocado mash on the bread (toasted preferrebly)
- Sprinkle some pomegranate on the avocado
- Slice up the egg and place ontop.
- And sprinkle with some salt and black pepper